What are carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates play an important part in our diets; they represent a great source of energy for us.
However the main problem is that today we all consume too many carbohydrates, and when that happens, our bodies cannot deal effectively with all those extra carbs and they are converted to fat. This is how you gain extra weight.
In that case you need to somehow stop to absorption of the excess carbohydrates.
Luckily enough there are supplements that can help you stop the carbs from being absorbed. They are called carb blockers.
What are carb blockers?
Carb blocker pills (or starch blockers) are special kind of weight loss pills that can stop the release of enzyme called alpha-amylase, which is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates.
So when you stop carbohydrates from breaking down, those excess carbs will not be converted to fat. They will pass through your intestine and be eliminated via bowel movements in the end.
After going through many carb blockers on the market, we came up with only a few of them that are in our opinion completely safe AND effective:
- Blocks up to 82% of your carbohydrates intake
- Reduces food cravings by 50%
- Decreases caloric intake by 31%
- Main ingredients: Seaweed extract and White Kidney Bean extract
- No side effects
- Media appearance: The Daily Star
- Cost: From £34.99
- 4-in-1 weight loss system
- Blocks carbohydrates
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces caloric intake
- Burns off calories
- Main ingredients: Capsicum extract, Brown Seaweed extract, Prickly Pear extract, Cactus extract
- No side effects
- Media appearance: The Daily Express (27 December 2010)
- Cost: From £29.99
- Blocks up to 66% of carbohydrates intake
- Main ingredient: PhaseLite (derived from White Kidney Bean)
- No side effects reported
- Celebrity success stories (Gail Porter, Linda Robson)
- Cost: From £21.96